Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Introduction

In this blog, I am going to consider and compare Christian and Muslim theology. For quite a long time, I have been interested in Protestant and Sunni theologies and have studied both of them. Unfortunately, many Christians have many misunderstandings regarding Islam. Likewise, many Muslims have many misunderstandings regarding Christianity. This is why I preferred to use Christian literature to find information about Christianity and use Muslim literature to find information about Islam. Inside of both Protestantism and Sunni Islam, there are diversities. I am going to consider these diversities also.

For now, I was able to find only one book that presents both Christian and Muslim views without distortions and mutual attacks. This is the book A Muslim and a Christian in a Dialogue by Badru D. Kateregga and David W. Shenk. Kateregga is a Muslim, Shenk is a Christian, and they are friends. They present their religions and discuss religious matters without in a respectful way, without mutual attacks. I liked their approach. However, since the size of their book was limited, they were unable to discuss many Christian and Muslim doctrines. So, I am going to follow their approach in this blog and consider some doctrines here. Actually, I think there are many things to be considered, and I do not expect that I will be able to cover most of them. I am not going to re-post anything from this book here.

In my opinion, Christians should know more about Islam, and Muslims should know more about Christianity. This is the purpose of my blog. I am not going to promote any of these religions here. I am just going to consider them from the position of an outside observer. I do have my own religious preferences and opinions. However, I will do my best to be objective and avoid my subjectivity here. I will just provide the information without promotion of any religion.

No comments: